My Winter Break!

Florida

During winter break I went to Florida and I had a lot of fun there. It was a great winter break. I went to West Palm Beach, I also went to Jacksonville, Florida and finally my family and I went to Pennsylvania. We did a lot of cool things and visited a lot of family and friends. 

In West Palm Beach it was just my family and me. Two of the things we did a lot was swimming and taking nice walks along the beach. When I was younger I went on this same walk and we went to these swings. This time we went a bit farther and we ended up at these rocks. Then we decided to turn left and then we landed on the beach. The wind was howling. The sand between my toes was squishy and chilly. It smelled like Febreze.  We did this walk twice during the week. Another highlight of the week was  swimming a lot. I prefer the pool but my sister prefers the beach. We went swimming at the pool more times than swimming at the beach. At the pool area you could get drinks so I got a chocolatey drink. It tasted sweet, sugary, and delicious. I had a lot of fun in West Palm Beach. Next location on the party bus was Jacksonville.

In Jacksonville I had one of the best sleepovers I have ever had! Then another exciting thing we did was go to a New Year’s party. When I went to my friend’s house we did a lot of fun things. We started off by just hanging out then we went to a trampoline park. We did arcade games and dodgeball. We got a lot of tickets but sadly did not get any prizes. I got a bad cramp because I jumped so much. I got a dare to do a front flip. That means I did a front flip for the first time. When I was doing that I saw everything really cool. It was like my life flashed before my own eyes. We went to bed at 2:30 am. The bed was so squeaky we just could not stop laughing so much. The next day was the New Year’s party. I was there before everyone else because we stayed at that house. They had a lot of food. It was mostly desserts. They all tasted so good. With all my friends, we had our own little party. Once we hit 2020 we all screamed so loud. I went to bed at 2:00 am. Next location on the party bus was Pennsylvania. 

In Pennsylvania, I had really nice food and spent a lot of time with my family. We went to really nice restaurants. The food looked really delicious and tasted amazing! Our grandparents just moved to Ann’s Choice Senior Living Community It was a really nice apartment. They have a bunch of club houses. In the club houses they have restaurants. The food there is decent. They give you a nice portion. The place makes sure not to give the seniors too much food. All the cooks and waitresses were teenagers. The best part of the job for them is to drive the wheelchairs to the residents. During our time I also saw my uncle. We played Ultimate Rummy. Then we played rummy and I won! For breakfast we got bagels and lox. It was so good. Then we had to leave….

I had a very nice time on my winter break. I had so much fun in West Palm Beach, Jacksonville, and Pennsylvania. Doing all my activities got me really sad to leave. But don’t worry, I will be back again for more Bar or Bat Mitzvahs! I had a great winter break. I hope you did too!

6 Comments on My Winter Break!

1. griffind2
    January 10, 2020 at 12:28 pm (4 years ago)

You really used the senses! I can almost taste the food! Sounds like you had a good vacation. Happy 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply
  2. beccag1
    January 10, 2020 at 12:39 pm (4 years ago)

WOW that sounds like a fun vacation. A little tip for next time you should tell us about the weather.

Reply
  3. violetanne
    January 10, 2020 at 12:48 pm (4 years ago)

Your winter break sounded really fun. I like how you gave description.

Reply
  4. meiravw
    January 14, 2020 at 11:56 am (4 years ago)

Can you take me next time you go to florida?

Reply
  5. Audrey
    January 14, 2020 at 12:06 pm (4 years ago)

Wow, Maytal
    That sounds awesome But you forgot about me and Ravi.
    Otherwise great post!!!!😀😜

Reply
  6. Donna Bader
    May 21, 2021 at 12:27 pm (3 years ago)

Hi Maytal,

This sounded like a great winter break for you. Knowing your family and friends, I could imagine what you were doing as you described everything.

I’m disappointed 😞 that there was not time for me to see you, since you were so close to my home. I haven’t been able to give you a hug in almost 2 years. I miss you so much 😢. Hopefully, Poppy and I will be able to see you soon. ❤

LYFTIAB 😘
    Bubbie

Reply