Antarctica Ecosystem

In science we were assigned to make a slide show about a ecosystem and move it to a merge cube. Here is the slide show I made.

Now I will show you a video of me showing you my merge cube.

(Make it bigger so you see it better)

My Winter Break

In English we were assigned to write about our winter break. We needed to include 3 literary devices, the lines with red are my literary devices. Here is my document of my writing.

My Winter break

Going into this break I thought I was going to be proactive. I thought I would be doing so much my days would be almost jam packed with things to do. As of what I was thinking at the start of the break is that every single day I would be busy with lots of things to do with friends or even family. Maybe I would go ice skating with my friends or even just hang out with them in our backyards. Little did I know none of that would actually happen.

The first day came rolling around and I was so excited because I was going to have so much fun over the next two weeks. That day I had a doctor’s appointment and it was scheduled at 1:00 pm so it really was the worst because it was smack in the middle of the day so that was not helpful at all. I ended up not doing anything else that day, which is not what I wanted to happen. The next day came rolling around (by the way this was before the lockdown) and I had a hair appointment, got my hair done and then I headed to the mall to go shopping with some of my friends from dance. I was very excited because my day was full because….after the mall with my dance friends I went to the Greenbergs’ house to go in the hot tub. When we were outside it was freezing. I was an ice block. Besides tuesday a lot of my days went like this. I wake up around 10-11-12 am, I watch tik tok till like 12-1, after that I head down for my first meal of the day breakfast. Basically all I do for the day is lie in bed or do stuff my family wants me to do. Now that was not my day everyday. Some days I would go ice skating with some friends, and one day I even went sledding. When I went skating I felt like I was going 100 miles per hour.

During my winter break (though most of it was on screens) I still had loads of fun when I hung out with my friends. My favourite part of the whole break was on New Years Eve when a bunch of people in our class attempted to do an all nighter(online). I got ditched by everyone going to sleep but I decided to still do it by myself. But besides that part before we made tik toks, attempted to make slime, roblox, and did little activities. When we were making slime Sophie said she was so sorry she skipped slime making. But it was still just so fun!

Overall my winter break was not what I expected but it still ended up being an enjoyable break. I had fun and also took a lot of time to relax! Even though we could not go on any vacations, we all still figured out how to have a fun winter break even with the lockdown happening. 

French Verb Faire

Last week in french with Mme Sylvie we did the verb “Faire”. The ways you conjugate it is…..

Je Fais-Tu Fais-Il/elle Fais-Nous Faisons-Vous Faites-Ils/elles Font

Those are all the verbs. Here is a little video that can help you learn them.

In class we did a worksheet. This is the work sheet I completed.

My Biopshere

For this project we were told to make a biosphere. With that we needed to include a recipe. I include What you need and where to get it, the actual recipe, the steps on what to do step by step, and finally some tips that may help while making it. Next time I would improve my biosphere and find better material to make it last longer.

Video

OJCS Set the Scene

For this assignment we had to create a day in our perspective of a day at OJCS. We had to create a short story about that. We were working on creating short stories. I learned on what we need to include in short stories, I learned about how to create a proper short story. I could take more time in writing it more in details, editing it more than I did. This is the short story I made.

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download

My 5 Jewish Values

For this assignment we had to choose 5 Jewish values which we feel are the most important. I chose free choice, responsibility, in God’s image, respect, and leadership. Those were the ones that I felt were the most  important. I learned that being a Jew is hard. There are a bunch of rules/responsibilities we need to do. I learned more details about all of the 5 values I chose. Next time ways I could improve are to add more detail with my background and slides. I could practice more so when I am presenting my words come out clearer and I won’t look at the board that much. 

Reflection of the Year

1. How was my Grade 6/7 experience overall?

It was good when we were in school. I had a lot of fun and it was a great year. Then when covid happened things went downhill. It was not so fun. We could see nobody so we were just at home, all by ourselves.

1. What was my favourite memory?

My favourite memory In grade six was probably the middle school retreat. During the reatre my favourite memory was when we went white water rafting.

1. What are you looking forward to the most about summer?

Hopefully going to my uncles and going swimming. I really just want to swim this summer.

1. What was enjoyable about distance learning?

That we had more flexibility during class time. We did not always need to be on the google meet. 

1. What was difficult about distance learning?

That we had to stare at our screen the entire day. 7 hours of our day are just being spent by being on our devices. 

Journal #7

For journal #7 we had to answer some questions about the year. We had to think about what has changed over this year or if we learned something new about ourselves. Here are my answers.

• Do you think you’ve changed over the last several weeks and months? If so, how?

I do think I have changed a little bit through these weeks. I have changed these past weeks by my attitude on how I do stuff. I have not had as much energy to do as much stuff. I used to have so much energy and now I don’t. I don’t have the energy to put a lot of effort into projects.

• What have you learned about yourself while in lockdown? I have learned that I need to be more patient with others and not jump to conclusions so often. 
  • For instance, what aspects of life have been a struggle?

It has been hard for me to not just to be lying down all day and to actually get up and do stuff.

• What has been easy?

It has been easy for me to not take granted of what I have compared to others. 

• Do you have new insights into what makes you happy — or into what makes you scared, bored or angry? 

I am happy when I get to go facetime my friends and we play an online game together. I get scared when we go somewhere because we have to be very careful to be as safe as we can. I get bored a lot. Normally on a Sunday or Saturday I will get really bored. I don’t normally get angry.

That is my reflection of the online school year.

1 2 3 4 5 12